Monday, August 16, 2010

A Royal First

Last year my daughter's high school had a fundraiser for Haiti and they were looking for baked goods. 

I decided to give sugar cookies a try.  Having never made royal icing before, let alone never mixed up a batch of sugar cookies, I wasn't really prepared.  

But I was determined and of course if they didn't turn out, I'd eat the rejects and pick up a box of cookies from the grocery store.... a win win.





Why is batter so hard to resist?


Wrapped all pretty and ready to set in the fridge for 1 hr


I'm in love with sugar cookies and still a little shocked that my royal icing worked!


Fully flooded with minimal spill over...sigh I'm almost in tears at this point, as well as sporting a fresh tummy ache from a tad too much batter.


My first attempt at both sugar cookies and royal icing.....I love them.


All prettied up and ready to sell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment