Monday, August 16, 2010

How to eat a Storm Trooper.....one bite at a time

Last year's cake for my son's 8th birthday party was a 'Transfomer', so of course I had to top it this year.  After much debate with the soon to be 9 yr old, a Storm Trooper themed b-day, complete with S.Trooper cake, cookies and 'Light Saber' Tag was agreed upon.  He picked out the design he wanted for his cake (from this website), as well as his cookies and the challenge commenced. 

I dove in head first, eating the rejects and battling the temptation yet again eat the dough.

Here's how it went....





I used a piece of cardboard as my basic template these tough guys, when fully cooled they were piped with white royal icing. 



Flooded the poor guys and let them set overnight. 



Working one line at a time, using a ton of patience and maybe a little icing to help me pull through



Not quite an army of troopers yet...looking more like little spaceships


Almost complete and ready for battle



Army of dark side almost done!


Mission complete.  Poor little guys, I have a feeling they aren't ones for 9 year old birthday parties


Next on my list of missions, was the cake.  Again, I choose to make the fondant myself, not only because it tastes better, I know what's in it....but it's the fun of gettin' my hands all gooey.  Ah...the perks to being a baker.



Found this template off the internet, the son loved it.

Not exactly ready for action yet


Good grief, the dreaded crumb coating.  After he was slathered in buttercream frosting, he needed to chill in the fridge a bit.


Gave me time to make my fondant


Sigh...need to find a way to take pics of me making this gooey goodness.



All rolled out and ready to dress my trooper


Poor guy...it's almost over.

Finally he can see!


Happy Birthday to my Jedi Cameron. 



I am positive this trooper was less than impressed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment