Monday, August 16, 2010

Fondant First

It's been over a year since my first attempt at making cakes with fondant and I'm not sure I'll ever go back.  It's so easy to work with, the marshmallow fondant is to die for...and the mess you make...priceless. 

It was all things Transformers for my 8 yr old last summer, therefore the cake had to be so.  My hubby, who's birthday is 3 days before my son's, was away from home on business for his birthday, so the cake was for both the boys in my life.

It all started with a sketch...



I may not look like much now....but give it time



Made my marshmallow fondant and added some rocking bright colours.



Starting to look more like a cake.



I was pretty happy with my first attempt with fondant :)



and I think they were too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment