Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hop to it

Making sugar cookies isn't a difficult task, unless your soon to be 16 yr daughter asks you to do a parrot or a panther for her b-day party?!  What?  I'm always up for a challenge, but a parrot?  Seriously?  Argh. 

So after some bribing from yours truly she said 'frogs'?  Perfect.  Yes, I can do frogs.  I think. 

After bring the cookie cutter home from the store I stared at that damn thing thinking...how hard could it be?  Seriously, after spending at least 2 hrs of my life I'll never get back searching the Internet for inspiration on how to decorate a frog sugar cookie...I found one. 

Ready to leap.


Using my favourite Sugar Cookie recipe from my Martha Stewart Cookbook I watched my mixer go to work



In order to chill in the fridge (and to stop me from eating it) I tightly wrapped this piece of heaven.



Creepy cutouts of a 'girl' cookie and her frog peeps in the background


Meringue powder and water beatin' at warp speed.


Key to 'clogless' #1 tip...sifted flour.  What a relief.  Yes, hubby you were right.


With 6 Tablespoons of water the royal icing isn't quite perfect.


Better.


Ah, perfect.



Here's my first froggie.


Next little guy.


Maybe it's not so bad being green after all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment