Thursday, August 12, 2010

First Bite

Today is my first blog here on the The Elegant Baker.  I spent the weekend baking 2 batches of sugar cookies for a wonderful family friend.  After receiving sweet feedback from my friends and family, I decided to post my passion on the web. 

I have had a passion for baking since I was little, watching 'Yan Can Cook', 'Just Like Mom' and 'Julia Childs' with my father.  As well, I've enjoyed my mother's baking for years, watching her master her pie crust and getting first dibs on her masterpieces as they came out of the oven.  I know it's cliche and corny, but my love for all things baking comes from my parents.  Awww...I know, cheese.

At this point, it kind of feels like I'm talking to myself, but it's my hope one day to have a follower....or maybe two....

The following pics is a taste of what I made this weekend...


First batch of Royal Icing to which was colour black for piping the edges

My army of butterflies ready for piping
Used Tip #2 for piping


I truly do :)



All of my colours bagged and ready to go


First one done!  So happy with how they turned out. A warm thank you goes out to both Bakeitafterall  and Sweetopia  for their inspiration


All finished


I 'heart' butterflies

0 comments:

Post a Comment