Sunday, December 11, 2011

I'm Close to 40


It's official.  I'm closer to 40 than I am to 30.
Although I appreciate this cows excitement. 
It's utterly annoying.



Since I was in Nova Scotia, visiting my parents, 
and they have yet to taste my baking or enjoy a pretty cake
 that I've made in my kitchen, I decided to make my own cake for them.


Here it is!  Makes me dizzy!



Inspiration for this elegant cake came from this site



To ensure no smoke alarms were triggered, we opted for one candle.
And...the thought of 36 candles on a cake for me, makes me crazy.



My helper.


When we arrived back home, I was asked what 
kind of cake I'd like made for my birthday.

Me?  A cake for me? 


Carrot cake please and thank you.  

You see, I had recently had a 'moment' with an 
amazing carrot cake at Bella Bistro  www.bellabistro.ca
As I sunk my fork into this piece of heaven, 
I knew I was about to experience a carrot cake like no other.


Should you get the chance, swing by Bella Bistro,
 you're guaranteed to be put in a food coma.




So my husband hit the 'information super highway', 
found a recipe and put his own twist on it!




Fricken huge pieces of pineapple!!



The finishing touches and presentation 
(compliments of my son) 
made my birthday day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment