Saturday, September 18, 2010

Chicks in the Shower

A dear friend of mine asked me if I'd bake her some cookies for her upcoming shower....to which of course I said yes.  Excited with the idea of baking again, I also suggested that I could make her cupcakes and a cake as well.  Let the baking frenzy begin.

Baby chicky for the cake, made of fluffy marshmallow fondant, sitting pretty in a chocolate marshmallow fondant nest :)


Soft green royal icing and a sweet fondant chick made these cookies fun to make.  The inspiration for these little goodies came from Hostess Blog

 

Needed a helper for these little guys.  Insert hubby help here.
These cuties were patiently waiting for their nests to be made.



 Nests were made from the most heavenly caramel icing I've ever made.  At the last minute I decided to add melted chocolate...to which made this icing even more blissful.  The recipe was found here The Canadian Baker .  (I added 3 ounces of semi sweet melted chocolate).  The idea was an inspiration from Heather Drive's Blogspot


The finished product :) 

1 comments:

Sherry said...

...and your dear friend was amazed, yet again, by your talent! It was a shame to have to eat it but boy was it delicious! Your work truly is amazing!

Post a Comment